The Axis Internship is designed to expose Interns to public speaking situations, non-profit-ministry-related responsibilities, student mentorship interactions, and team-centric ministry, all while learning more about several different theological and philosophical viewpoints. There are extensive times of learning and training for Interns, concerning both theological material and professional skills. Interns will also learn skills for public speaking, meeting and communicating with varied audiences, professional traveling, and apologetics. Interns may also learn research, study, and presentation-creation skills. Interns work directly with Axis Directors and staff to minister to families.
This is a 9- to 10-month unpaid Internship. It requires an average of 40 hours per week on the road, at the Axis HQ, or remotely in Colorado Springs, CO. Travel for Axis is a requirement and key aspect of this position. The Axis week varies based upon travel schedules. Some weekends may be required. All applicants should view the upcoming Axis calendar to know what kind of travel is required for the Internship commitment. Axis reserves the right to reduce or increase Internship hours.
Director of Team Development, Team Directors
8655 Explorer Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80920
There is no financial compensation. This is an experience-based internship. However, ALL travel and living expenses while on Axis trips will be paid for by Axis. All living expenses outside of Axis trips are the sole responsibility of the Intern. All travel to and from Colorado Springs before and after the internship is the responsibility of the Team Member. Housing while in Colorado Springs is provided by Axis. There is a small, taxable monthly stipend for off-setting your living costs.
A laptop or tablet is highly recommended during training. If you have one or can borrow one, please bring it. All Axis equipment used during the duration of the Internship is the property of Axis and shall be returned upon completion of the Internship position. This includes deleting all of Axis’ intellectual property off personal computers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As an Intern, you must be able to:
- Speak on an Axis team at Axis events under the supervision of an Axis Team Director;
- Seek to develop relationships with students, parents, teachers, and administrators at every opportunity;
- Clearly articulate the vision/mission of Axis;
- Develop papers, outlines, or research material, under the supervision of Axis staff, to be utilized by Axis;
- Acquire, research, analyze, and present Axis cultural examples;
- Assist in brainstorming and creating unique teaching tools and tactics; and
- Attend all Axis meetings, practices, and events as requested (i.e. the night before speaking at a venue, you will probably meet with your team to go over parts and practice as necessary).
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor (i.e. data entry, social media contributions, writing, photography, etc.)
Managerial Breadth/Scope of Job
- Help supervise Axis volunteers as requested.
- Work and collaborate with other Interns as your equals.
Working Environment/Physical Requirements
- Be willing and able to travel up to 200 days during Internship.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.